View the video for step-by-step instructions.
Changing your enrolment
After completing your initial enrolment, you may change your mind or your situation may change, meaning you will need to alter your enrolment.
This section provides you with information on how and when you can change classes, drop courses or add further courses to your enrolment.
When making any changes to your enrolment:
- Login to myGriffith.
- Select the 'Manage Enrolment' button.
You can change classes without dropping the whole course. For example, you may discover a clash in your timetable which can be resolved by changing one of your tutorials.
You are able to change classes as often as you like, via the online Enrolment application, up until the end of week 2 of the trimester. Please be aware that some courses may have different deadlines for enrolment. Please check Important dates and the Academic calendar for the last date to add a course deadline.
There is no late fee for changing classes.
How to swap a class
- On the Enrolment application, select the '2. Select Classes' tab at the top of the page. The enrolment plan summary will display all of the selected courses and their enrolment status.
- Click on the 'Select Classes' button against the relevant course. Timetabling options of all the related classes (e.g. Lectures, Tutorials, Labs and Workshops) associated with that specific course will be displayed.
- Select the new class time and select 'Continue to 3: Submit Enrolment' link.
- Select the 'Enrol' button to complete the change of class. Where the class time is successfully changed, a green tick and the Enrolled status will show against the course.
You can choose to drop a course when you want to remove a course from your enrolment completely.
Remember that if you drop a course after the cut-off dates, you may be penalised financially and academically. Please check Important dates and the Academic calendar for relevant deadlines.
Please note: If you feel that there was special circumstances that prevented you from dropping the course prior to the census date, please refer to the information regarding Withdrawal after the census date due to special circumstances.
How to drop a course
- On the Enrolment application, select the '2. Select Classes' tab on top of the page. The enrolment plan summary will display all of the selected courses and their enrolment status.
- Select the 'Drop course' button against the course you wish to drop.
- Where you have successfully dropped a course on or before the census date, the course will disappear from your enrolment summary plan. If you drop a course after the census date, a withdrawal message and the Dropped status will show against the course.
How to add a course
You are able to add courses to your enrolment, via the online Enrolment application, up until the end of week 2 of the trimester. Please check Important dates and the Academic calendar for the last date to add a course deadline.
Please be aware that some courses that are held in intensive mode or those that fall outside of the standard trimester may have different deadlines for enrolment. Refer to the Key dates icon located next to the relevant course.
If you wish to add a course after week 2, you will need to complete a Change of course enrolment / Enrol in overload / Undertake a restricted course - ONLINE form. Please refer to section 7.0 of the Student Administration Policy (PDF 120k) for further information.