Why do Griffith offer online proctored exams?
At Griffith our primary aim is to support all students to progress with their learning, while maintaining a healthy University community. The COVID-19 pandemic has meant that we have had to look carefully at our assessment approaches to support students as best we can in the current climate.
This means we have had to cease in-person proctored exams for the time being. In situations where we are required to closely monitor exam conditions, we will use an online exam solution to ensure we can continue to meet academic integrity, accreditation requirements and continue to place the health and safety of our students and staff as our number one priority. Our online exam solution, ProctorU, ensures we can deliver on this.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR PROCTORU EXAMS
1. Register from your Learning@Griffith course site.
2. Test your equipment. If at any stage you run into setup issues, you can chat with a live ProctorU technician. If the technician is unable to assist you further, please contact Exams and Timetabling by phoning (07) 567 80533 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Schedule your Practice Test. See your Learning@Griffith course site and check your student inbox for more information from your Course Convenor and Exams and Timetabling on sitting a Practice Test.
Students who sit a Practice Test find that they are more prepared and less likely to require assistance during their actual exams.
4. Schedule your Final Exam. You will receive an email from Exams and Timetabling once Final Exams are ready for scheduling. Make sure you schedule your exam well in advance to assure you get a time that best suits you - get in quick, they go fast!
5. If you run into any non-technical issues during this process, again, please contact Exams and Timetabling on (07) 567 80533 or by emailing email@example.com for assistance.
ProctorU guide and FAQs
For everything you need to know on ProctorU prior to your exam, visit our guide.