Alternate exam sitting
You are expected to be available for the duration of centrally administered end of trimester exam periods. If you are unable to sit your exam at the scheduled time during an exam period, but have other availability during the designated dates, you may apply for an alternate exam sitting. If approved, your exam will be re-scheduled to a different day/time during the same exam period.
If you are unable to sit your exam at all during the end of trimester exam period, you should apply for a deferred exam.
Applying for alternate exam sitting
Applications are currently closed.
Applications for alternate exam sittings must be submitted through the online application form within two weeks of the publication of the final end of trimester exam timetable. Your application must also include appropriate documentation to support the grounds on which you are requesting an alternate sitting. Grounds could include the following:
- medical or compassionate grounds – medical certificate
- work commitments beyond student's control – letter from employer on a company letterhead
- religious and cultural obligations – letter from religious or community leader
- sporting or cultural commitment at state or national level – letter from sporting body or cultural group
- individual timetable falls outside the timetabling guidelines – no documentation is required but you will need to indicate how your timetable is affected including, for example, courses that are clashing, particular policy criteria that has not been met, etc.
You will be notified of the outcome of your request for an alternate exam sitting by email. The status and outcome of your application can be viewed using ‘My application status’.
All alternate exams are held during the centrally administered end of trimester exam period for the current trimester. Refer to Academic calendar and key dates for more information. If you are unable to sit your exam at all during the related exam period, you should apply for a deferred exam.