Alternate exam sitting
Applications are currently closed.
You are expected to be available for the whole of the centrally administered end of trimester exam period. If you are unable to sit your exam at the scheduled time during this exam period, you may apply for an Alternate exam sitting. If approved, your exam will be re-scheduled to a different day/time during the same exam period.
If you are unable to sit your exam at all during the end of trimester exam period, you should apply for a Deferred exam.
Applying for alternate exam sitting
Applications for Alternate exam sittings must be submitted through the online application form within two weeks of the publication of the final exams timetable. Your application must also include appropriate documentation to support the grounds on which you are requesting an alternate sitting. Grounds that may prevent you from undertaking your exam on the scheduled date, and associated supporting documentation, could include the following:
- medical or compassionate grounds – medical certificate or statutory declaration
- work commitments beyond the students control – letter from employer
- religious and cultural obligations – letter from religious or community leader
- sporting or cultural commitment at state or national level – letter from sporting body or cultural group
- individual timetable falls outside the timetabling guidelines – no documentation is required but you will need to indicate the courses that are clashing in your exam timetable when you submit the online application form.
You will be notified of the outcome of your request for an alternate exam sitting by email. The status and outcome of your application can be viewed at any time using ‘My application status’ online enquiry.