Raising tertiary awareness and broadening the career aspirations of students
The Careers Outreach Program is integral to Griffith’s commitment to widening tertiary participation in under-represented groups, through effective partnerships with schools and local communities.
This interactive 60-70 minute lesson, developed by our careers experts and delivered by trained Griffith student mentors, introduces Year 8 students to six key principles of career development. Using a combination of workbooks (provided by workshop facilitator), media resources, and group work, students will learn more about themselves and make connections between their learning, accomplishments, and aspirations.
True Colours Workshops
Based on Follow your True Colours to the Work you Love (Carolyn Kalil, 2011), this workshop helps students to learn more about themselves and occupations of interest. The workshops provide an opportunity for students to learn about and apply career planning processes to help complete their SET plans in Year 10. Trained Griffith student mentors co-facilitate these 60-minute in-school workshops, bringing their own experiences to share with students.
'Overall, this workshop was a great way for us to start thinking about our futures and what we want to achieve when we leave school...I thought there are so many different options and opportunities that are available for the whole community.' - St Thomas More College Year 9 student
Griffiti is an educational magazine featuring stories from inspiring former Uni-Reach students now studying at university.
The magazine also contains important information to help students decide what to do when they finish school.
Griffiti is distributed free each year to all Year 10 students in our partner high schools and students can join our competition and stay up-to-date with us.
Vocational education and training
Scholarships and finances
- Youth e-hub
- Centrelink (for support to look for work or to study)
- Balancing your budget www.moneysmart.gov.au/
- Study assist - what you need to know about going to uni
- The Aspiration Initiative – Scholarships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- QTAC Scholarships – Scholarships for people from regional, rural or remote areas
- The Pinnacle Foundation – Scholarships for people who are LGBTIQ+
- The Foundation for Young Australians’ (FYA) New Work Order research series
- Beyond School Study Guide
- Top 10 emerging technologies of 2017 World Economic Forum
- After the ATAR – understanding how Gen Z transition into further Education and Employment
- School to work transitions
- My path (QTAC) – an innovative tool that helps Year 10 students choose their senior subjects