The University Health, Safety and Wellbeing Team
Our role is to provide a harmonised approach to health, safety, wellbeing (HSW) and injury management to the University and its staff. This includes:
- setting the direction and policy for HSW across the University;
- ensuring a consistent and coordinated approach to the management of HSW across the University;
- providing advice and support for our clients on general health and safety matters and in specialist areas; such as biosafety, chemicals, radiation, rehabilitation and injury management;
- providing specialist support and advice for regulated areas, e.g. biosafety, biosecurity and radiation;
- managing early intervention programs and coordinating staff wellbeing initiatives and programs (including employee assistance program and injury management).
Our team supports the staff in all Groups and Elements across all campuses. Our details are in the University phone book or you can contact us via email for:
Mental Health Week Qld 6-14 October 2018
In acknowledgement of Queensland Mental Health Week, we are proud to offer seminars for Griffith University employees.
GSafe - Safety Management System
Log an incident / injury / hazard / near miss Complete a risk assessment / audit / lab application