During your study, there may be times you don't agree with a decision regarding assessment, enrolment or exclusion. Or you may have concerns about harassment or discrimination you experience yourself or witness happening to others. You have a right to express your concerns.
The Welfare and Student Liaison Office can:
- provide information about your appeal or complaint options
- provide information about relevant policies or processes
- review your appeal or grievance documents before submission
- help you prepare for meetings to discuss these problems
- refer you to the Student Representative Council (SRC) or the Student Guild for student advocacy services
- refer you to Griffith's Office of Student Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with the result of a formal complaint.