Access on-campus and community counselling plus other services and resources
We can connect you with a range of support services if you're experiencing distress. Explore the options below.
For immediate crisis intervention when life may be in danger, call 000 or go to your local hospital emergency department.
Griffith Mental Wellbeing Support Line
Text or call this service after hours for help to:
Call 000 (emergency services) if you are in danger. This service does not offer ongoing counselling, but we can link you with on-campus and community counselling and wellbeing services and resources.
Sexual assault and harassment
- Sexual Assault Helpline call 1800 010 120
- DV Connect
- Queensland Police Service
- Sexual Assault services in Queensland
- Living Well
You can also access our personal violence counselling, which provides specialised students for domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, sexual harassment, childhood sexual abuse and other forms of personal violence or intimidation.
- Lifeline telephone counselling, call 131 114
- Suicide Callback Service, call 1300 659 467
- Mensline, call 1300 789 978
- 1300 MH CALL 1300 642 255 is a confidential mental health telephone triage service that provides the first point of contact to public mental health services to Queenslanders. 1300 MH CALL is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and will link to the caller’s nearest Queensland Public Mental Health service.
Mental health crisis services
Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital Acute Assessment
07 3834 1605
Princess Alexandra Hospital, Mental Health Assessment Team
1300 858 998
Mental Health Acute Care
07 5519 7660
Mental Health Assessment Team
07 3299 8056