This course focuses on six boundary spanning practices for solving problems, driving innovation and transforming organisations. It is designed to help you identify a specific boundary spanning challenge you currently face and build an action plan to resolve the challenge.
Techniques involve re-framing the challenge as a "How might we or I" question, for example
How might we establish a new partnership that would enable us to serve our clients better?
How might we collaborate effectively to leverage and meet the needs of our very diverse workforce?
You will use tools to diagnose what's working and not working with respect to creating direction, alignment and commitment and to provide a platform to discuss possible improvements to both individuals and group behaviour.
Six boundary spanning practices below are embedded within the three overarching strategies of direction, alignment and commitment
- Buffering defines boundaries to create safety
- Reflecting creates understanding of boundaries to foster respect
- Connecting suspends boundaries to build trust
- Mobilizing re-frames boundaries to develop community
- Weaving interlaces boundaries to advance interdependence
- Transforming cross-cuts boundaries to enable reinvention
By participating in this program you will:
- Understand the power of Boundary Spanning for leadership success
- Identify the types of boundaries that limit potential
- Learn and practice the six principles of Boundary Spanning Leadership
- Recognise your role in spanning boundaries to achieve more than you imagined!
This course is suitable for supervisors, manager and leaders or staff in roles who are leading and influencing change across boundaries.
|Tuesday 30 July 2019||9am to 1pm||Nathan|
|Thursday 31 October 2019||9.30am to 2pm||Gold Coast|
This course runs over 4 hours.
There is no cost for this course.
How to nominate and enrol
Seek the approval of your supervisor and follow the link and prompts to enrol in the course using Course Code: 500051.