Celebrating and recognising our sporting achievements
Griffith Sport host an annual Sports Awards night recognising the sporting achievements and talent of our university games, events and club competitors and administrators. This event will be attended by invite only. Information will be sent to invitees closer to the event.
Friday 30th October
Uni Bar & Functions Centre, Nathan Campus
Once nominations dates have been determined we will advise you. Nominations can be made personally, or on the behalf of another student.
- Griffith Sport Rookie of the Year
- This award recognises the contribution or performance of an individual during their first year of study at Griffith University. This contribution could have been made through participation in Australian University Sport, participation in a Griffith Sport Club, or through other sporting events where they represented Griffith.
- Griffith Sportsperson of the Year
- This award will acknowledge, recognise and reward outstanding athletic performances at either an Australia University Sport Events (University Games or Championship), or performance through a Griffith Sport Club either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Griffith Sport Team of the Year
- This award recognises a Sport Club or University Sport Team that throughout the year has been consistently performing to an outstanding level. This team must have shown a a high level of team spirit and sportsmanship both on and off the court.
- Griffith Sport Club of the Year
- This award recognises the Griffith Sport Club that best represents Griffith University in all aspects of sporting life both on and off the field. The successful sport club must have exhibited demonstrable success in an external competition, maintained a positive club culture, high levels of student membership and has a high level of presence and involvement on campus.
- Griffith Sport Emerging Club of the Year Award
- This award recognises a Griffith Sport Club that has shown a significant amount of growth and development to help enhance student life at Griffith University. The successful sport club may either be a newly established club or a sport club in a redevelopment stage. The sport club will demonstrate an increase in memberships, a positive club culture, increased representation internally and externally and an increased presence on campus.
- Griffith Sport Service Awards
- This award recognises individuals who have made significant contributions to Griffith University sport clubs, sport programs, sporting events or Australian University Sport events. This may involve (but not limited to) administration, coaching, managing, officiating and any other services to sport at Griffith University.
Please ensure your entries abide by the Eligibility Criteria, as well as the Terms and Conditions. All nominations are reviewed by Griffith Sport staff.