This year’s Griffith Sport Toohey Trail Run charity beneficiary is Diabetes Queensland. Diabetes QLD is a charity and membership organisation providing practical education programs, essential advice, ongoing support services and advocacy to Queenslanders living with diabetes, and those at risk.
More than 230,000 Queenslanders are living with all types of diabetes right now. It’s a little known fact that diabetes is the 6th leading cause of death in Australia, and is the fastest growing chronic condition worldwide. For nearly 50 years, Diabetes QLD has been working in the community to improve the health and wellness of people with diabetes, and to reduce the incidence of preventable diabetes.
Griffith Sport is proud to partner with Diabetes QLD to promote the benefits of a health and fitness to the Queensland community. Sixty Queenslanders are diagnosed with all types of diabetes every single day. The funds raised will go towards providing more research and education about this condition.By registering for the Griffith Sport Toohey Trail Run and joining ‘Team Diabetes’, your support can:
- Provide information to schools that helps keep kids living with type 1 diabetes safe.
- Help to find some of the estimated 100,000 Queenslanders who don’t know they are currently living with type 2 diabetes.
- Support research initiatives to improve diagnosis and management of all types of diabetes.
Join Team Diabetes by clicking the 'Start Fundraising' button to create your own online fundraising page. You can personalise your page with photos and updates on how your fundraising and training is coming along. Share the link on your Facebook, and with your friends, family and co-workers via email to raise money for your efforts.
Benefits of joining Team Diabetes include:
- Access to an exclusive VIP marquee at the finish line, with massages, fruit, water and giveaways.
- Free Diabetes Queensland running singlet and water bottle.
- Tips and support to help you reach your fundraising target.
- The opportunity to support Queenslanders living with all types of diabetes.
The Diabetes Queensland's fundraising team is here to help. Please contact us on 1800 177 055 or at email@example.com if you have any questions or are in need of advice.