The workshop was for those already research active, just starting out and those who were looking for an opportunity to connect with others and discuss ways to get (more) research active.
The session was discussion-based where participants had the opportunity to talk and exchange ideas with other people, from experienced researchers to those just starting out. Topics discussed were:-
- how to 'get smart' with your research
- how to select, define and refine a research topic
- how to get started with writing a paper on that topic
- different narratives/structures for research papers (shape and size)
- the content you would/would not put into a paper
- pros and cons of finding some 'buddies' or engaging with an existing group strategy - what it takes to get published and how to maximise your impact
Resources from the workshop can be accessed at the link below.
- 'Getting (more) Research Active' (PDF 944KB)