Postgraduate and postdoctoral research opportunities abound within the QMNC, where students have the opportunity to contribute to an already impressive rate of publications in high impact international journals.
Under the direction of QMNC Director, Prof. Nam-Trung Nguyen, who also serves as Deputy Director of the Queensland Node of the Australian National Fabrication Facility (ANFF), students have direct access to world-class, state-of-the-art facilities, while holding the attention of some of Australia’s most knowledgeable scientists in the field.
Research income is derived from right across industry and has the backing and support of national and international governments. This places candidates in a position to make global contributions within such a highly specialised research area on behalf of the QMNC.
Current research areas include:
- SPTS Technologies and Griffith Joint Development Program
- Surfaces, Interfaces, Porous Materials and Membranes
- Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion
- Transport and Flow in Biomedical Systems
- Silicon Carbide on Silicon (SiC on Si) Technology
- Fundamental Studies on Micro- and Nanoscale Systems
- Preparation, Properties and Applications of Graphene
- Microfluidics and Lab-on-a-Chip Technology
- Exploration of GaN Devices for Power Switching Applications
- SiC-based Power Switches for Efficient Energy Systems
- Computational Science and Engineering for Micro- and Nanotechnology