The Zonta Club of Brisbane Bursary is for female students enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Griffith University Logan campus and are experiencing financial hardship. The Zonta Club of Brisbane has offered the 'Supporting Success' Bursary annually at Griffith University, Logan campus since 2013.
The Bursary is valued at $2,000 and paid as a one off payment.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled in a Griffith University undergraduate degree program at Logan campus
- be enrolled full time
- be female
- have successfully completed the first three(3) trimesters (minimum 120CP) of your degree program with good academic standing
- be prepared to attend an interview.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: Demonstrated Academic Merit - be in good academic standing
- Referee reports:
- Community: A referee report to support your statement relating to your community involvement/contributions
- Income and expenditure/ Circumstances: Demonstrated significant financial hardship
- Personal statements:
- Career goals and aims: What are your aims and ambitions?
- Community involvement: Demonstration of community mindedness and values related to Zonta.
- Scholarship benefit: What significant difference will the bursary make to your completing your studies?
The Bursary is valued at $2,000, paid as a one off payment into the nominated bank account of the Zonta Club of Brisbane Supporting Success Bursary winner.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
The successful winner will be offered membership to the newly established 'Zonta Club of Brisbane Bursary Winners Alumni'. A novel and elite alumni of remarkable men and women who have proven themselves worthy as winners of the Zonta Bursaries. This exclusive membership will create a unique link between the increasing number of Bursary recipients and the Zonta Club of Brisbane, providing Bursary winners with a very supportive and powerful network to draw from as they proceed in their chosen careers.
The Zonta Club of Brisbane, founded in 1971, was the inaugural Zonta Club in Queensland. It is affiliated with Zonta International, the leading global organisation of executives and professionals working together to empower and advance the status of women worldwide through service and advocacy.
- be prepared to attend an interview
- be prepared to attend the September Zonta Club of Brisbane dinner meeting at 6:30pm on Wednesday 5 September 2018, at the United Services Club, Brisbane (at no cost to recipient). At the meeting the recipient will receive their certificates, as well as the opportunity to provide a few minutes introduction about themselves, their ambitions and their proposed use for the Bursary monies. The recipient will be notified of further details closer to the event date
- the successful recipient will join the increasing number of 'Zonta Club of Brisbane Bursary Winners Alumni' and it is hoped will contribute to any Alumni networking opportunities, meetings and events
- the recipient will need to consent to their images being used in future Zonta Club of Brisbane promotional material and to their contact details, personal email and phone number, being kept on file by The Zonta Club of Brisbane
Applications, including Referee Reports, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applications submitted by the closing date, meeting the eligibility criteria, may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.