The Opal Aged Care Nursing Scholarships in Memory of Frank Blazevic have been established to engage and provide financial support to Griffith University’s Bachelor of Nursing students who have a potential career interest in the area of Aged Care Nursing.
Maximum value is $5,000 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 12pm Friday 5 March 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be full-time enrolled in your second or third year (completed a minimum of 80 credit points) of the Bachelor of Nursing degree at Griffith University
- not be in receipt of other scholarship funding
- have a GPA of 5.5 or above
- be experiencing financial hardship
What do I include in my application?
- Referee reports: provide one referee report that supports your application
- Income and expenditure
- Personal statement
- Career goals and aims: potential interest in a career in aged care nursing opportunities
- Scholarship benefit: explain how this scholarship will benefit you
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats: PDF, Word, jpeg or Excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting documentation:
- Other: Provide Centrelink statements or other documentation demonstrating financial hardship.
Maximum value is $5,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $2,500 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
This scholarship also includes the opportunity (but not the obligation) for scholarship-holders to engage with the donor’s organisation via on-site internships, workplace integrated learning (WIL) and the ability to be considered for immediate employment upon successful graduation and conferral of a recipient’s degree. Arrangements for internships, work experience and/or WIL must be made on the University’s standard terms for such arrangements and must comply with the Fair Work Act 2009.
At Opal we believe companies don’t succeed, people do.
Opal is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers with approximately 9,000 team members in 78 homes across NSW, Qld, Vic. and WA, and growing each year.
When you work with Opal, you work for an organisation that is passionate about care. Our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence stand for CARE which is at the heart of everything we do. If you are looking for a rewarding role in a growing area of the healthcare sector, Opal could be the right choice for you.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for, but our commitment to enhancing lives extends beyond our residents to every member of our team. We do this by offering:
- Meaningful work
- Ongoing education and career development
- National career opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Supportive and fun team environment
- Team benefits program
We know that investing in our team is critical to providing quality care for our residents both now and in the future.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing degree at Griffith University
- maintain a GPA 5.5 or above
- continue to meet the financial hardship requirements (documentation may be required)
- be willing to meet representatives from Opal Aged Care (not more than twice in the year at a mutually convenient time).
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including referee reports and supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.