This bursary is made in memory of David Angus Laird by his daughter, Zoe Gill and her family and has been established to support a female student enrolled in the Master of Social Work degree, who is experiencing financial hardship and has been effected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Value: $500, paid in a single instalment
Apply by: 12pm Friday 18 September 2020
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be female
- be enrolled in the Master of Social Work degree and undertaking the Critical Reflective Practice in Social Work Course (7063HSV) in Trimester 2
- be able to provide evidence of financial hardship
- have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application
- Program: Academic Merit – your academic merit may be taken into consideration
- Personal Statement:
- Scholarship Benefit: detail how this bursary will assist you financially. In particular, the costs associated with undertaking the 5-day online intensive and financial impact of COVID-19
- Challenge(s) experienced: detail how you have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other: evidence of financial need (Centrelink or Tax Statement)
Maximum value is $500 paid in a single instalment.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
This bursary is made in memory of David Angus Laird by his daughter, Zoe Gill and her family.
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.