The HESTA Indigenous Midwifery Scholarship was established to support an indigenous student enrolled in their second year of the Bachelor of Midwifery program who is experiencing financial hardship, carer responsibilities and/or social disadvantage.
Maximum value is $4,000, payable in instalments.
Apply by: 4pm Friday 28 February 2020
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be enrolled in the 2nd year (completed at least 80 credit points) of the Bachelor of Midwifery program at Griffith University
- have a minimum GPA of 4.5
- be experiencing carer responsibilities, financial hardship and/or social disadvantage
*Examples of social disadvantage may include but are not limited to, having come from a background of poverty, being a sole carer for a family member(s), being a parent of a child with special needs, or being a legal Australian resident who may have had previous experience or status as a refugee.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program (continuing students)
- Income and expenditure
- Personal Statements (complete where relevant, minimum one statement required)
- Experiences: Social circumstances of significant hardship or disadvantage
- Family: Carer and/or parenting responsibilities
- Challenges experienced: Educational disruption/challenges you have had to overcome
Maximum of $4,000 payable in 2 instalments. Instalments of $2,000 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
HESTA is the industry superfund for Health and Community services.
What we stand for:
We speak up for others. We’re dedicated to people in health & community services. And, we’re committed to creating better futures for our members, women and, in fact, all Australians.
We support financial inclusion, responsible investment and sustainability. We also act for reconciliation and HESTA was the first industry superfund to adopt a Reconciliation Action Plan.
Hesta Website - https://www.hesta.com.au/members.html
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled in Griffith University’s Bachelor of Midwifery program
- maintain a minimum GPA of 4.5
- attend Griffith University's Scholarships Office annual prizes and awards ceremony.
- at the end of the scholarship benefit, submit a report to the Scholarships office outlining how the scholarship has benefited you
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.