The Grocon Indigenous Student Support Scholarship was established to support the further education of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students in the disciplines of design, building or engineering.
Maximum value is $5,000, payable in instalments.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be enrolling in your first year of study or currently enrolled at Griffith University, full-time, in an Undergraduate or Postgraduate course work program in one of the following degree study disciplines: Architecture, Town Planning, Engineering, Environmental Science or Project Management
- be full-time enrolled
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Tertiary education history
- Secondary education history
- Program preferences (Commencing students)
- Program (Continuing students)
- Personal Statements:
- Career goals and aims: Why have you chosen your particular program of study?
- Scholarship benefit: What would it mean to you to receive the Grocon Indigenous Student Support Scholarship? How will the scholarship enable you to best meet your educational and career goals?
- Challenge(s) experienced: Identify certain financial needs or challenges that have impacted your studies
Maximum value is $5,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $2,500 are payable for each full time consecutively enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship or minimum duration of the program, whichever is the lesser.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
Grocon is Australia's best known privately owned development, construction and residential real estate company supporting the university education of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students in the disciplines of design, building or engineering.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain a passing grade status in all subjects
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.