The Darcy McCarter Memorial Aviation Award was established to provide financial assistance to a full time second year Griffith Aviation student and their flying career.
$1,000 paid made in a one-off payment.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
(add eligibility criteria below)
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be full time enrolled in your second year (completed a minimum of 140CP) of the Bachelor of Aviation
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Statements - Personal Statements:
- Career Goals and Aims: Evidence a strong work ethic towards your future career goals
- Community Involvement: Demonstrate your involvement in the aviation/and or wider community
- Challenges Experienced: Articulate how you have displayed resilience and perseverance in the face of problems/challenges encountered.
Maximum value is $1,000 payable in a single instalment
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
Established in 2018, The Darcy McCarter Memorial Aviation Award was created in honour of Darcy, an aviation student who was tragically killed in a plane crash on 23rd October 2017 whilst working as a pilot in the Northern Territory, servicing remote aboriginal communities.
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.