The aim of the Clem Jones Scholarship is to provide financial assistance that enables applicants on low incomes to undertake study at Griffith University. The Scholarship will assist students with high levels of sporting and academic ability gain tertiary qualifications from which they and the community will benefit.
The Clem Jones Scholarships are valued at up to $9,000 each for a total of three years.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be a current Griffith University undergraduate student or be eligible for admission to any of Griffith University's undergraduate programs in 2019
- Elite Sports person- competing at a State or National level
- provide evidence of financial need (Centrelink or Tax statement)
- provide evidence of sporting achievements
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary Education History (Commencing students): Academic Merit
- Program (Continuing students): GPA
- Sports Participation: High level of sporting achievement competing at State or National level
- Income and Expenditure
- Personal Statements:
- Career goals and aims: Outline your career goals and aims and your ability to succeed at University
- Scholarship benefit: Why the scholarship is warranted and its potential benefits
- Experience: Sporting achievement to date
- Challenge(s) experienced: Can identify certain financial needs or challenges that have the potential to impact on your study at Griffith University
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Evidence of financial need (Centrelink or Tax statement)
- Evidence of sporting achievements
Maximum value up to $9,000 or up to 3 years. Payable in instalments of $1,500 in trimester 1 and 2 up to the maximum value, the minimum duration of the program or up to 3 years, whichever is the lesser duration. Part time students will require approval from the Clem Jones group prior to payment, a pro-rata amount will apply.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
Griffith is an elite athlete friendly university and has a strong commitment to sport and the role that it plays in a balanced educational environment. Fostering elite athletes and helping them to play sport whilst studying is a major part of that commitment. Griffith has many links with local and international sporting organisations. Griffith University, through the Griffith Sports College, assists elite athletes in sourcing flexible study means to enable them to continue performing at optimum level whilst studying.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain a GPA of 4 or above
- provide a report on sporting achievements twice a year (Scholarships office will send the report format)
- continue to demonstrate a high level of sporting achievement in your Sport at a State or National level
- continue to meet the financial hardship criteria- documents required
- agree to be approached by the Clem Jones Group to undertake additional promotional and external activities
* Academic and Sports progress will be provided to Clem Jones
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, your scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminate.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.