The Tertiary Access Payment (TAP) will be available for school leavers who are from an outer-regional, remote or very remote area who are relocating to study at an institution at least 90 minutes by public transport from their home (either in another regional location or a metropolitan location).
The bursary is for students accessing tertiary study in the year immediately following their completion of Year 12 or equivalent and plan to be enrolled in an undergraduate fulltime study load.
Value: $5,000 paid in instalments
Apply by: 12 pm Friday 29 January 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Residents, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or be a New Zealand Citizen meeting the Australian Residency rules under section 7 of the Social Security Act 1991
- be from an outer-regional, remote or very remote area (as per the ASGS remoteness classifications) and relocating to study at Griffith University (Griffith must be at least 90 minutes by public transport from your family home)
- be accessing tertiary study in the year immediately following your completion of Year 12 or equivalent (or the first available trimester of your chosen program if the course has a mid-year start)
- be commencing an undergraduate Griffith degree in trimester 1 2021 - must be studying face to face, for at least part on the degree
- demonstrate financial hardship - Students will need to be below a parental income threshold of $250,000
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history
- Income and expenditure
- Personal Statements:
- Challenge(s) experience: detail your personal and financial circumstances.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other: please provide a copy of your Centrelink statements, or other financial documents to support your financial hardship, including confirmation of your parental income.
Maximum value is $5,000, paid in two instalments. The first payment will be $3,000, payable in Trimester 1 2021 and the second payment is for $2,000, payable in Trimester 2 2021.
Payments are made on confirmation conditions are met and are made up to six weeks after the Census Date of each trimester.
These scholarships are sponsored by the Commonwealth Government.
The first payment is conditional of your being full time enrolled at Griffith University in an undergraduate degree.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- Remain full time enrolled in your undergraduate Griffith degree
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.