The Sunsuper Bursary has been established to support a female student studying the Bachelor of Commerce degree with a major in Financial Planning on Nathan, Gold Coast or Logan campus.
The bursary is valued at $5,000 paid in one instalment and includes a period of work experience and/or attendance at Sunsuper Professional Development days.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be enrolled in 2nd year (completed at least 80CP) or above, in the Bachelor of Commerce degree, majoring in Financial Planning (The major must be declared in the relevant Griffith Student System)
- be a female student
- have a GPA of 5.0 or above
- be studying full-time
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or Australian humanitarian visa holder.
* Successful applicant must be willing to attend a prize giving ceremony
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Personal statements-
- Career goals and aims: Why do you want a career in financial planning?
- Scholarship benefit: How will this opportunity benefit you?
- Program Specific: Business- Are you currently working in the financial planning industry?
- You must upload a current CV - Please us only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted.
The bursary is valued at $5,000, paid as a single payment after census date in the trimester of award.
The bursary also includes a period of work experience and/or attendance at Sunsuper Professional Development days. Details around these opportunities are to be negotiated between Sunsuper and the scholarship recipient.
Payment is made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying bursary Terms and conditions.
Sunsuper has been recognised as one of Australia's largest and most awarded superannuation funds. As a profit-for-members fund, Sunsuper has been taking care of its members' superannuation savings since 1987 and has more than one million members and $37 billion in funds under management, managing the superannuation needs of more than 95,000 employers across Australia. Sunsuper has more than 900 staff across Australia with offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
Sunsuper has been recognised as one of Australia's top superannuation funds, winning Money Magazine's Best Super Fund Manager 2018. We are also proud to have been awarded SuperRatings' Fund of the Year 2018, and both Chant West and Super Review's Super Fund of the Year 2017. These awards are given to the Australian fund that demonstrated excellence across a whole range of criteria, including member services, fees, investment performance, insurance and administration.
As well as taking home the top award, our dedication to delivering the best for our members and employers was also acknowledged through Super Review's Best Corporate Solution 2017, and Chant West's Member Services Best Fund 2017 and Corporate Solutions Fund of the Year 2017
Sunsuper has been awarded both Money magazine's Best Pension Fund Manager 2018 and SuperRatings' Pension Fund of the Year 2018 for its leading pension offering.
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
Recipients will be expected to attend the prize giving event and maintain contact with the School and Sunsuper as opportunities arise.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.