The Stonehouse Group Scholarship is to support a Griffith University student studying the Bachelor of Commerce or dual degree program with a major in financial planning or the Bachelor of Applied Financial Advice(1612).
There is one Stonehouse Group Scholarship available, with a maximum value of $5,000, paid in instalments. In addition to generous financial support, there will be the opportunity for the successful recipient to have a period of work experience.
Apply by 4 pm Monday 22 March 2021.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled full-time in the Bachelor of Commerce degree or dual degree program with a major in financial planning, or the Bachelor of Applied Financial Advice(1612 not OUA) at Griffith University
- have a Grade Point Average of 5.0 or above
- have completed a minimum of 80 Credit Points of a Bachelor of Commerce degree with a Financial Planning major, (second year or above)
You must successfully complete your GBS program. Failure to successfully complete the program may result in you being required to repay your benefit or part thereof, at the discretion of the Griffith Business School Scholarship Selection Committee.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Personal Statements
- Career goals and aims
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please us only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) maximum one (1) attachment: Please provide an up-to-date CV.
Maximum value is $5,000 payable in instalments. Payment of $2,500 are payable for each full-time enroll trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
In addition to generous financial support, there will be the opportunity for the successful recipient to have a period of work experience. Details around the work experience will be developed to meet Stonehouse Group's operational requirements and will be at the time mutually convenient to the recipient and Stonehouse Group.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- be enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship benefit with the Financial Planning Major.
- remain enrolled full time in the degree for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain a GPA of 5.0 or above for the duration of the scholarship
Recipients will be expected to attend a brief prize giving ceremony that will acknowledge the Stonehouse contribution and the winning student. Details to be provided at a later date.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.