The QMNC is offering Summer Scholarships to undergraduate Griffith University students who have completed second year or higher, in any Science or Engineering program, to undertake research within the field of Microtechnology, Microelectronics Engineering, Nanoscience or Nanotechnology.
Each scholarship is valued at $750, paid in a single instalment on confirmation of completion of the research period.
Apply by: 4pm Friday 4 October 2019.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be an undergraduate student who has completed 2nd year or higher in any Science or Engineering based program at Griffith University
- have a minimum GPA of 6.0
- be available and committed to working on the chosen research project for at least four weeks during the December 2019 to January 2020 period.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: Academic merit (minimum GPA of 6.0 required)
- Honours and research topics: Detail your research topic and supervisor. Available research topics are listed on the 'Award Details' section of this page
- Referee report: Academic
- Personal statements
- Scholarship benefit: Outline your reasons for applying and wanting to undertake this research
*Interviews may be conducted to reach a final decision.
Each scholarship is valued at $750 paid in a single instalment on confirmation of completion of the research period.
The Research projects will be undertaken during the December 2019 to January 2020 period for at least four weeks duration. The final decision on timing and duration will be decided between the student and the supervisor.
Research Projects available include:
- surfaces, interfaces, porous materials and membranes
- materials got energy storage and conversion
- transport and flow in biomedical systems
- silicon carbide on silicon (SiC on Si) technology
- fundamental studies on micro- and nanoscale systems
- preparation, properties and applications of graphene
- microfluidics and Lab-on-a-Chip technology
- exploration of GaN devices for power switching applications
- sic-based power switches for efficient energy systems
- computational science and engineering for micro- and nanotechnology
- translational technologies for diagnosing, monitoring and treating diseases
Students should visit the QMNC website for further information on projects and staff expertise. Please specify a project (above) or field of interest (eg. chemistry, physics, mathematics or microelectronic engineering). Applicants are advised to contact a Centre researcher directly to discuss possible research projects.
For further enquiries: Mrs Lacey Shaw, Centre Administrator, Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre
Griffith University Nathan campus
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (07) 3735 6431
Payment is made on confirmation of completion of the research period and you are enrolled at Griffith University and sill meet eligibility requirements.
Applications, including Referee Reports must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Interviews may be conducted to reach a final decision.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.