The Patience Thoms Indigenous Australian (Honours/Postgraduate) Scholarships are designed to assist Indigenous students moving onto honours and graduate studies at Griffith University. The scholarship aims to give financial support for Indigenous students who require such support to complete further university studies.
Maximum value of $4,000, paid in two instalments.
Apply by: 12pm Friday 26 February 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be enrolled or eligible for admission into an honours-level or postgraduate coursework program
- demonstrate academic merit.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history (Commencing students)
- Program (Continuing students)
- Leadership and community:
- Academic achievement
- Personal statements:
- Career Goals Statement: Why have you chosen your program of study?
- Scholarship benefit: How will the scholarship be used to further your studies and to best meet your educational and employment goals?
- Optional Family Statement: Tell us a bit about your family background.
- Optional Challenges Statement: Identify certain financial needs or challenges that have impacted your studies.
Maximum value is up to $4,000 for full-time students and up to $2000 for part-time students, paid in two instalments.
The scholarships are only available for a period of two payments, after which you will have to re-apply. This is regardless of whether you were a full-time or part-time student.
Payments are made within six weeks after the census date, subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to meet the terms and conditions in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarships Policy.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.