The Patience Thoms Indigenous Australian (Honours/Postgraduate) Scholarships are designed to assist Indigenous students moving onto Honours and Graduate studies at Griffith University. The scholarship aims to give financial support for Indigenous students who require such support to complete further university studies.
Maximum value of $4,000, paid in two instalments.
Applications close: Friday 28 June 2019 for Trimester 2 2019, by 4 pm.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be enrolled or eligible for admission into an Honours level or Postgraduate Coursework program
- demonstrated academic merit
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history (Commencing students)
- Program (Continuing students)
- Leadership and community:
- Academic achievement
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit: How will the scholarship be used to further your studies and to best meet your educational and employment goals?
Maximum value is up to $4,000 for full time students and up to $2000 for part time students, paid in 2 instalments.
The scholarships are only available for a period of two payments, after which you will have to re-apply. This is regardless of whether you were a full-time or part-time student.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to meet the terms and conditions in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarships Policy.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.