This scholarship is available to highly motivated students who are completing their undergraduate degree in Digital Media with a major in Digital Design, and have an interest in pursuing the Digital Media honours program with a Digital Design focus.
The maximum value of the scholarship is $1,000, payable in instalments.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- be in their final year of an undergraduate degree in Digital Media majoring in Digital Design
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0
- be enrolled in, or eligible for admission into, the Digital Media Honours programs for 2018.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Referee details: You must include one referee report from the convenor of your Major
- Personal statements:
- Career goals and aims: Clarify how you intend to utilise the award money, outlining your career aspirations and how it will benefit your studies at Honours level
- Experiences: Please outline your Portfolio and forward DVD/USB to our address, please do not send originals
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other: if your undergraduate Degree was NOT completed at Griffith University, upload a copy of your academic transcript
The maximum value of the scholarship is $1,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $500 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to the maximum value of the scholarship.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
Established in 2013 Monkeys and Robots is a motion and graphic design creative house based on the Gold Coast, led by Director Adam Kelly. Monkeys and Robots has a commitment to the ongoing growth of its industry through training opportunities. In a public gesture of support they have established the Monkeys and Robots Digital Media Honours Scholarships.
To remain eligible for the scholarship:
- Recipient will be required to remain full-time enrolled in the Honours program
- Recipient is required to provide an academic status report of their studies at the end of Trimester one (This will be forwarded to sponsor: Monkeys and Robots)
- Recipient must exhibit in the end of year Graduation Exhibition (to take place either on campus, at the Gold Coast Art Gallery or other external venue)
If study is postponed due to extenuating circumstances substantiated by a medical certificate, any outstanding monies will be retained in the scholarship fund until the recipient can continue their Honours year (as long as the deferment does not exceed one year). Thereafter any outstanding scholarship money will be forfeited and reinvested in the scholarship.
Applications, including Referee Reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.