Griffith Business School’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) Scholarship for Women, is to assist current and commencing students of the MBA programs and associated Graduate Certificate in Business Administration pathway programs. The scholarship is to provide support for women as future leaders.
The recipient of the MBA Scholarship for Women will have 50% of tuition fees paid each trimester enrolled, for a maximum of four years.
Apply by 4 pm Monday 1 February 2021.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder, or New Zealand Citizen
- be female
- be currently enrolled in, or be eligible for admission to and commence in trimester 1 2021, one of the Griffith Business School programs below:
- 3047 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration: South Bank, Gold Coast, online (no Trimester 3 intake)
- 5158 (5159 - current students only) Master of Business Administration: South Bank, Gold Coast, online.
- not be in receipt of another scholarship or bursary funded by Griffith Business School.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete the following sections within the application.
- Tertiary education history
- Program preferences
- Program (current students).
- Referee reports: must have one referee report that supports your application (can be attached to CV)
- Income and Expenditure: provide details of your financial situation. (optional)
- Scholarships: Do you have any scholarships?
- Personal statements
- Challenge(s) experienced- outline any financial needs or challenges that have the potential to impact your continuing studies at Griffith University.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats: PDF, Word, jpeg or Excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other: Write a personal statement (up to 600 words) illustrating how the MBA program and scholarship funding will help support career aspirations and address how you have achieved at least two of the following, in your personal or professional life:
- Performance excellence: a recognised achievement or award.
- Responsible leadership: leadership that demonstrates integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Sustainable business practices: social, financial, and/or environmental practices that lead to sustainable business and communities.
- Respect for others: embracing diversity and demonstrating respect for difference of backgrounds and points of view.
- Global orientation: demonstrate how you are preparing yourself to be a global citizen.
The recipient of the MBA Scholarship for Women will have 50% of tuition fees paid each trimester enrolled, for a maximum of four years. Please note that scholarship payments made to part-time students may be taxable.
This scholarship is part of a suite of MBA equity scholarships that are targeted at members of the community who are under-represented in the MBA program and may not have the financial means to afford to study an MBA, however, would benefit from this qualification.
This scholarship is to provide support for women as future leaders to have access to study an MBA program. The scholarship demonstrates Griffith Business School is striving to support and encourage women in business and related careers.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, please refer to the following:
- Academic progress: must maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.5 (on 7.0 scale).
- Can only change program when transferring from the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration to the MBA. This is only relevant if the student commences in the Graduate Certificate pathway program.
- Scholarship recipients must accept and enrol in the MBA program by the close of enrolment in their commencing trimester of study.
- Scholarship recipients wanting to go on Leave of Absence must seek approval from the MBA director prior to taking leave.
- Cross-institutional study must be approved by the MBA director.
- Recipients have a maximum of four years to complete the MBA program. If the recipient is granted an extension to the maximum completion time of their degree, Griffith Business School may also consider a request for scholarship extension with conditions
- Recipients agree to participate in reasonable promotional activity related to the scholarship, at the School's request.
Successful applicants can not be in receipt of any other scholarship or bursary funded by Griffith University.
Applications, including referee reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.