Griffith Business School has on offer the Master of Business Administration Scholarship for Women, for commencing students of the MBA programs and associated Graduate Certificate in Business Administration pathway programs. The scholarship is to provide support for women as future leaders.
The recipient of the MBA Scholarship for Women will have 50% of tuition fees paid each trimester enrolled, for a maximum of four years.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder, or New Zealand Citizen
- be female
- be eligible for admission to one of the following Griffith MBA programs:
- 3047 Graduate Certificate in Business Administration - South Bank, Gold Coast, online (no Trimester 3 intake)
- 5158 Master of Business Administration - South Bank, Gold Coast, online.
- be a commencing student in Trimester 1, 2019
- not be in receipt of any form of financial support related to study from another Griffith Business School-funded scholarship.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete the following sections within the application.
- tertiary education history
- secondary education history and program preferences
- program (current students).
- Referee reports: must have one referee report that supports your application (can be attached to CV)
- Personal statements
- Program specific (Business): Outline how the MBA program and scholarship funding will support your career aspirations.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats: pdf, Word, jpeg or Excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other (optional): any relevant supporting documentation that will qualify your personal statement.
The recipient of the MBA Scholarship for Women will have 50% of tuition fees paid each trimester enrolled, for a maximum of four years. Please note that scholarship payments made to part-time students may be taxable.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, please refer to the following:
- Academic progress: must maintain a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.5 (on 7.0 scale).
- Can only change program when transferring from the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration to the MBA. This is only relevant if the student commences in the Graduate Certificate pathway program.
- Scholarship recipients must accept and enrol in the MBA program by the close of enrolment in their commencing trimester of study.
- Scholarship recipients wanting to go on Leave of Absence must seek approval from the MBA director prior to taking leave.
- Cross-institutional study must be approved by the MBA director.
- Recipients have a maximum of four years to complete the MBA program. If the recipient is granted an extension to the maximum completion time of their degree, Griffith Business School may also consider a request for scholarship extension with conditions
- Recipients agree to participate in reasonable promotional activity related to the scholarship, at the School's request.
Successful applicants can not be in receipt of any other scholarship or bursary funded by Griffith University.
Applications, including referee reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.