Mainfreight is a $2 billion-plus global business and has achieved its success by sharing goals with everybody on the team and promoting its own.
The Mainfreight Scholarship has been established to support students who are enrolled in the Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or the Dual Degree Program.
Maximum value is $8,000
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled full-time at Griffith University
- be studying in one of the following degrees and/or dual degree
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- be in the final year of study
- have a minimum GPA 5.
Students with a major in Logistics are highly encouraged to apply.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: enrolled full-time, in final year, GPA 5, in the Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce or the Dual Degree program at Griffith University
- Personal statements:
- Career goals and aims: short statement about yourself and your personal ambitions. Highlight your interests in Logistics.
- Experience: detail your experience, highlighting your leadership potential. (optional)
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats with be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): please provide an up-to-date CV/resume
*Applicants may be requested to attend an interview. In making its recommendations, the selection committee will take into account- personal qualities, including leadership potential.
Maximum value is $8,000 payable in instalments. Payments of $4,000 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship.
Payments are made within six weeks after the census date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
Today Mainfreight has matured into a sophisticated international logistics and supply chain business. With a fast-growing team of 6,000-plus, the business competes with some of the world's biggest names in transport and logistics.
Mainfreight are a $2 billion-plus global business, having achieved success by sharing its goals with everybody on the team and promoting its own. To keep ahead of the pack, the business looks for people who have the same fire in the belly as its founders.
In this light, the business has chosen to make an impact on the next generation of responsible global business leaders with the Mainfreight Scholarship.
To remain eligible for the scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled on a full-time basis in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain GPA 5 for the length of the scholarship.
The recipients may be invited to meet with the donor and be featured in marketing materials to promote the scholarship.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, it is at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee to withhold the trimester instalment, or terminate the scholarship. (The recipient must show cause to the Scholarships Office why the scholarship should not be terminated).
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.