Mainfreight are a $2 billion-plus global business and have achieved this by having a real hunger for success, sharing their goals with everybody on the team and promoting their own.
The Mainfreight Scholarship has been established this to support students who are enrolled in the Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or the Dual Degree Program
Maximum value is $8,000
Applications close: Sunday 3 March 2019.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled full-time at Griffith University
- be studying in one of the following degrees and/or dual degree
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- be in the final year of study
- have a minimum GPA 5
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: enrolled full-time, in final year, GPA 5, in the Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce or the Dual Degree program at Griffith University
- Personal statements:
- Career goals and aims: short statement about yourself (personal qualities, including leadership potential), and your personal ambitions.
- Experience: detail your experience, highlighting your leadership potential. (optional)
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats with be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): please provide an up-to-date CV/resume
*Applicants may be requested to attend an interview. In making its recommendations, the selection committee will take into account- personal qualities, including leadership potential.
Maximum value is $8,000 payable in instalments. Payments of $4,000 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
Today Mainfreight has matured into a sophisticated international logistics and supply chain business. With their fast-growing team of 6,000-plus, they compete with some of the world's biggest names in transport and logistics.
Mainfreight are a $2 billion-plus global business and have achieved this by having a real hunger for success, sharing their goals with everybody on the team and promoting their own. To keep ahead of the pack, they look for people who have the same fire in the belly as their founders.
In this light, they have chosen to make an impact on the next generation of responsible global business leaders by creating the Mainfreight Scholarship.
To remain eligible for the Scholarship you must:
- remain enrolled on a full-time basis in the program for which the scholarship was awarded
- maintain GPA 5 for the length of the scholarship
The recipients may be invited to meet with the donor and be featured in marketing materials to promote the scholarship.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, it is at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee to withhold the trimester instalment, or terminate the scholarship. (The recipient must show cause to the Scholarships Office why the scholarship should not be terminated).
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.