Bendigo Bank is committed to supporting educational opportunities for young people in Logan. This Scholarship has been created to assist a full-time university student who lives in Logan, and who graduated from a high school within the Logan City local government boundaries.
Maximum value of $15,000.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, or New Zealand Citizen
- Be applying for full-time admission to, and commence study in, a Griffith Business School undergraduate program in 2019
- Be a Logan City resident
- Have finished Year 12 in 2017 or later at a high school within the Logan City local government boundaries
- Not be a recipient of other scholarship funding from any other source - Griffith funding or external funding.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
Study details –
- Secondary education history - Overall Position (OP) from 1 to 10 or rank/ATAR equivalent
- Program preferences - will be commencing an undergraduate academic program at Griffith University in 2019
- Leadership and community - include school leadership position/s.
- Referee details – one referee report is required outlining leadership capabilities and/or community positions undertaken and community involvement
- Career goals and aims – Why have you selected this particular degree and what are your long term goals?
- Scholarship benefit – demonstrate the need for the scholarship and what the scholarship would allow you to achieve?
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other attachment - Evidence of your OP / ATAR / IB - applicants must provide copies of their year 12 results.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Maximum value is $15,000, paid in instalments. A total of $5,000 per year for a maximum of 3 years is paid in instalments of $2,500 for each full time enrolled trimester that meet the scholarships terms and conditions.
Payments are made up to six weeks after Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions
Bendigo Bank (2017) reports that $165 million in profits from their Community Bank partnerships has been reinvested in Australian communities since 1998 across 6 key areas, including; Sporting; Infrastructure; Education; Health; Youth ; and Arts/Culture.
Bendigo Bank believe in the power of education and research to build a brighter future for all Australians. That's why they partner with Australian universities and help them raise funds to build strong and vibrant university communities.
Bendigo Bank are proud to partner with universities across a range of initiatives that create even better places to study and work.
Bendigo Bank is committed to supporting educational opportunities for young people in Logan. This Scholarship has been created to assist two full-time university students who live in Logan, and who graduate from a high school within the Logan City local government boundaries.
It is intended that scholarship recipients will share their story and encourage other young people to pursue a university education.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled full-time in an approved program
- maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0
- not hold another scholarship
- maintain Logan City residency
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including Referee Reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.