The Logan Chamber of Commerce is committed to supporting educational opportunities for people in Logan.
In creating this scholarship Logan Chamber of Commerce are demonstrating their commitment by supporting Griffith Business School (GBS) students at Griffith University. This scholarship has been created to assist a full-time GBS student who lives in Logan.
Maximum value of $9,000 payable in instalments.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa, or New Zealand Citizen
- be eligible for and accepted into an undergraduate degree hosted by Griffith Business School commencing in T1 2021 or be in their first year of study
- be a Logan City resident
- be enrolled as a full-time student
- not be a recipient of other scholarship funding from any other source—Griffith funding or external funding.
Consideration may be given to applicants experiencing financial hardship and/or educational disadvantage.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program preferences - to confirm Griffith Business School degree commencing in T1 2021
- Program – to confirm current enrolment status
- Income and expenditure
- Personal Statements
- Career goals and aims: outline your professional and career goals
- Scholarship benefit: outline how this scholarship will impact you
- Challenge(s) experienced.
You may upload the following in the supporting documentation section (please use only the following formats: PDF, Word, jpeg or Excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted):
- Supporting documentation
- Other attachment: documents supporting your application, such as a Centrelink statement.
The scholarship is valued at $3,000 per year, payable in instalments, for a maximum of three years. Instalments of $1,500 will be made each trimester conditions are met, up to the annual amount for a maximum of three years or minimum duration of your degree, whichever is the lesser.
Payments are made up to six weeks after census date subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
The Logan Chamber of Commerce was established in 1977 as the North Albert Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber was very active during the formation of Logan Shire and subsequently Logan City. In 1979 the name was changed to Logan Chamber of Commerce and Incorporation took place in 1989. Subsequently the Chamber has actively pursued local issues, working with all Logan City Chambers of Commerce, continuing to work conjointly with Logan City Council on local issues. The Chamber also runs various promotional activities among which has been the very successful Business Achiever Awards, monthly Business Breakfasts, Business 2 Business weekly webinars, and the local Business Expos.
The Chamber believes in the power of education to build a brighter future for all Australians. They are proud to partner with universities across a range of initiatives that create even better places to study and work. In creating this scholarship Logan Chamber of Commerce are demonstrating their commitment in supporting students at Griffith University.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled in an approved Griffith Business School degree
- not be in receipt of other scholarship funding
- be willing to attend one Chamber event per annum
- meet with the donor and feature in marketing materials to promote the Scholarship
- maintain a connection with the Logan Chamber of Commerce by participating in events.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, it is at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee to withhold the trimester instalment or terminate the scholarship. The recipient must show cause to the Scholarships Office why the scholarship should not be cancelled.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.