The Ken Baguley Scholarship is open to students studying full-time at Griffith University's Gold Coast campus in disciplines associated with business administration, management, accounting or hospitality
The Ken Baguley Bursary is valued at $3,000.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be a full-time student at Griffith University's Gold Coast campus, enrolled in a Business program majoring in disciplines associated with Business Administration, Management, Accounting or Hospitality
- have completed 80 credit points at Griffith University, Gold Coast campus, and be enrolled in their 2nd year of their academic program
- have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 or above. (A student whose GPA does not reflect their academic ability may provide a 250 word submission to this effect in the "Statements- Personal Statements- Is there anything else you would like to add?" section)
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Personal Statements:
- Community involvement: What contributions have you or do you envisage you will make to the community?
- Scholarship benefit: How will the scholarship benefit you?
- Challenge(s) experienced: What are any difficult circumstances you are/have encountered?
- Is there anything else you would like to add? (Other Comments): provide a statement in this section if GPA is not above 5.0 as to why this is the case (optional)
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please only use the following formats- pdf, jpeg, word or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting Documentation: Please provide a current CV (Curriculum Vitae) outlining the following criteria:
- Academic merit including awards
- Extracurricular activities
- Employment and work experience
- Community activities including volunteer work
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
The Ken Baguley Bursary is valued at $3,000 payable in a single instalment.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
The Ken Baguley Bursary was established to honour the founding President of the Club- Mr Ken Baguley. Ken Baguley, whose vision was to prepare young people for a complex world by providing maximum education opportunities and assistance to all students, but particularly to those in more difficult circumstances.
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
The recipient must be prepared to attend two meetings of the Rotary Club of Gold Coast in 2019 and to speak briefly at one of these meetings. The recipient must also attend the Griffith University's Prizes and Awards Ceremony held on the Gold Coast in June.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.