The Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholarship (Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design) is for female students undertaking study at Griffith University in an undergraduate health, science or design degree program. The Scholarship is aimed at helping those students who demonstrate talent, that may be financially disadvantaged, realise their full potential.
Maximum value: $8,000, payable in two instalments
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- Be female
- Be in at least your 2nd year of an eligible undergraduate program (completed a minimum of 80CP)
- Be enrolled full-time at Griffith University in a STEM related program hosted by either a health or science group or a design program
- have a minimum GPA of 4
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: Academic Merit
- Personal Statement:
- Career goals and aims: Detail your career goals and aims and your ability to succeed at University
- Scholarship benefit: Outline how the scholarship is warranted and its potential benefits
- Challenge(s) experienced: detail your financial needs or challenges that have the potential to compact on your studies at Griffith University
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other (if applicable): evidence of financial hardship – current Centrelink statement or Tax statement
* Priority will be given to students experiencing and provide evidence of financial hardship
Maximum value is $8,000, paid in instalments. The scholarship is payable in two $4,000 instalments, paid after census date for trimesters in which the conditions have been met.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled at Griffith University in an eligible program
- maintain a GPA of 4 or above
- provide a statement outlining how your scholarship has benefited you prior to payment of second instalment. Statement to be submitted at the end of the trimester in which you received your first instalment to the Scholarships Office for approval.
- Be willing to attend an event and meet the donor
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet all of these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.