This scholarship is to support students commencing in an eligible Honours degree and undertaking a research project situated within the Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems (IIIS). For ICT students, this will be a full year Honours project. For Engineering students, this will involve their IAP project, followed by a further 12-week research internship within the IIIS.
Maximum value is $6,000 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 12pm Monday 1 February 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- have commenced full-time study in Trimester 3 2020 or commencing full-time study in Trimester 1 2021 in one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) 2020
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) 2123
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and enrolled in 6002ENG
- be undertaking a research project situated within the Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems (For ICT students, this will be a full year Honours project. For Engineering students, this will involve their IAP project, followed by a further 12-week research internship within the IIIS.)
- have completed your undergraduate study and achieved a minimum GPA of 6
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program (continuing students)
- Tertiary education history (commencing students)
- Program preferences (commencing students)
- Honours and research topics: detail your honours and research topic and identify a principal supervisor within the Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems
- Personal statement
- Career goals and aims: details our career goals and aims following completed of your honours studies.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting documentation
- Other: Honours Supervisor Approval Form – please complete and have your Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems supervisor, who has agreed to supervise your research, sign the Supervisor Approval Form.
- Other: If your undergraduate degree was NOT completed at Griffith University, upload a copy of your transcript.
Maximum value is $6,000 payable in instalments. Instalments of $3,000 are payable in Trimester 1 and Trimester 2 provided conditions are met. Payments are made within six weeks of the Census date subject to satisfying the scholarship terms and conditions.*
The maximum value is $6,000 payable in instalments. Instalments are made upon satisfying the following milestones:
- $3,000 payable within six weeks after the Trimester census date in which you enrol in 6002ENG
- $3,000 payable upon the Student Financial Support office receiving confirmation from the Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems that you have commenced your 12-week research internship.
Payments are made subject to satisfying the scholarship terms and conditions.*
*Payments for students who commenced in Trimester 3, 2020 will be adjusted accordingly and reflected in their scholarship offer
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full-time enrolled at Griffith University in the Honours degree for which this scholarship was awarded
- continue to undertake your research project with the Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems for which this scholarship was awarded
- maintain a minimum GPA of 6
- study in consecutive trimesters
Engineering students must undertake a research internship for 12 weeks following the completion of their IAP project, ideally in the following trimester.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.