The Griffith University Women’s Rugby 7s Scholarship is aimed at supporting elite female rugby 7s players, to gain a higher qualification without forfeiting their sporting opportunities.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be a an elite women’s rugby 7s player
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be either eligible for admission to any of Griffith University's Undergraduate or Postgraduate programs, or be currently enrolled in any Griffith University Undergraduate or Postgraduate program
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application.
- Sports participation- make sure to indicate the club you play for
- Referee details- a report from your sports coach
- Personal statements
- Career goals and aims- outline your goals, both academically and athletically
- Experiences- outline your sporting achievements/player statistics
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other- please upload a comprehensive date ordered list of your sporting achievements, including player statistics.
There will be 2 tiers of scholarships available, dependent on the quality of applicant and at the discretion of the donor;
Tier 1 is valued at $5,000, paid in instalments of $2,500 for each full-time enrolled trimester, up to the maximum value of the scholarship. (Pro-rata for part time)
Tier 2 is valued at $2,500, paid in instalments of $1,250, for each full-time enrolled trimester, up to the maximum value of the scholarship. (Pro-rata for part time)
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date on confirmation ongoing terms and conditions have been meet.
The Griffith Uni Knights Rugby Club and Sunnybank Rugby Club have created a scholarship so that they may support an elite female rugby 7s player, gain a higher qualification without forfeiting their sporting opportunities.
Griffith is an Elite Athlete-Friendly University and has a strong commitment to sport and the role that is plays in a balanced educational environment. Fostering elite athletes and helping them to participate in sport whilst studying is a major part of that commitment. Griffith has many links with local and international sporting organisations. Griffith University, through the Griffith Sports College, assists elite athletes in sourcing flexible study means to enable them to continue performing at optimum level whilst studying
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to;
- continue to meet the eligibility requirements
- maintain good academic standing (GPA 3.5)
- remain enrolled at Griffith University
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
You may take leave of absence in accordance with University policy. The maximum period of approved leave which a scholarship recipient may take without losing their scholarship is twelve consecutive months.
Applications, including Referee Reports and any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.