The Griffith Second Year Student Bursary Scheme has been made available to assist students studying an undergraduate degree at Griffith University to overcome financial hardship and educational disadvantage.
There are several bursaries available within this suite for second year students, the value of each bursary and the relative undergraduate degree program is listed in the table below.
Applications close- 4 pm Friday 19 February 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled full-time at Griffith University in an undergraduate bachelor’s degree hosted by one of the following;
- Griffith School of Engineering
- Griffith School of Environment and Science
- Griffith School of Information and Communication Technology
- Griffith School of Allied Health Sciences – Bachelor of Physiotherapy only
- Griffith Health
- Griffith Business School with a nominated Financial Planning Major
- be a continuing student going into 2nd year of the required program (minimum 80 CP completed)
- have a minimum GPA 4.5
- have demonstrated financial disadvantage by either being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment or a comprehensive assessment by the University.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Income and Expenditure: provide details of your financial situation.
- Scholarships – please indicate if you have any scholarships
- Personal Statements:
- Challenge(s) experience: detail your personal and financial circumstances.
You must upload the following in the supporting documents section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other: please provide a copy of your Centrelink statements or evidence of financial hardship.
There are several bursaries available, the value of each bursary and the relative undergraduate degree program is listed in the table below.
|Undergraduate degree within||Amount (each)||Number available|
|Griffith School of Engineering||$1,826.66||3|
|Griffith School of Environment and Science||$1,465.00||1|
|Griffith School of Information and Communication Technology||$534.00||1|
|Griffith School of Allied Health Sciences – Bachelor of Physiotherapy only||$2,655||1|
|Griffith Business School – Financial Planning Major||$4,119.90||2|
Payments are made as a single payment up to six weeks after the Census Date in the first trimester after the award, subject to satisfying the scholarship’s Terms and Conditions.
Payment is made on confirmation of enrolment at Griffith University and that the recipient continues to meet the eligibility requirements.
Priority will be given to students who:
- Are not in receipt of any other scholarship.
- Are progressing into their third study period.
- Have proven the ability for successful academic progression, as assessed by GPA and Academic standing.
Applications, including supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised scholarship at any time.