The Griffith Futures Scholarship is awarded to students who have experienced financial hardship, and/or education disadvantage that has impacted their ability to achieve their full potential.
The scholarship has a maximum value of $5,000 and is paid in two instalments of $2,500 in Trimester 1 and 2.
Apply by: 4 pm Friday 10 January 2020.
To see how this scholarship has benefited past recipients, check out the student stories link below.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- be a domestic undergraduate continuing student and have completed a minimum of 80 Credit Points.
- demonstrate financial disadvantage by either being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment or a comprehensive assessment by the University
- not have completed the requirements for an Australian Bachelor award unless such an award is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate program of enrolment and there is no alternate pathway into that program
- have a GPA of 5 or above
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Income and Expenditure
The selection is made on the basis of an assessment in accordance with the following five categories:
- Financial hardship
- Home environment and responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Personal illness and disability
- Educational disruption
and the academic standing of the applicant and the likelihood of success in the chosen program.
* Priority will be given to students entering their 2nd year and who are not in receipt of any other Scholarship funding.
Maximum of $5,000 payable in 2 instalments in Trimester 1 and 2.
Payments are made within six weeks after the census date, subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
The Griffith Futures Scholarship is supported by the Griffith Futures fund.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University in an undergraduate degree
- maintain a good Academic Standing of a GPA 5 or above
- continue to meet the eligibility requirements
- attend one of the welcome events before the first payment is made
- attend at least one Students Future Fund donor event and one professional development session (unless mutually agreed with the University).
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
The scholarships will be awarded at a Students Future Fund presentation on the Gold Coast or Nathan in either February or March each year.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.