Griffith Business School's Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management has established an honours scholarship to support high performing students, commencing the Bachelor of Business Honours program (2088), who have a proposed honours research topic on tourism.
Maximum value $5,000.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder, New Zealand Citizen or an International Student
- meet the eligibility entry requirements into Bachelor of Business with Honours (program code 2088), and have been admitted to and be enrolled in that program
- be commencing the Honours program in 2018 with a proposed research topic on tourism
- be studying full-time
- have achieved a minimum GPA 6 in their second and third year courses undertaken during their undergraduate study. (Applications will be ranked primarily on GPA. Special consideration may apply for students with a GPA 5.5 or above, please outline the circumstances in the Statements section - Other Comment).
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Honours and research topics: outline of Honours topic and supervisor- proposed research topic should be on tourism. (Make sure your supervisor signs the approval form mentioned below)
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit: How will the Scholarship help you with your Honours studies?
- Program specific- Business: Do you have any research experience? (optional)
- Other comments: any request for consideration of GPA being below required. (optional)
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please us only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other: Honours supervisor approval form- Please have the Griffith staff member that has agreed to supervise your dissertation sign the attached form.
Maximum value is $5,000 payable in instalments. Payment of $2,500 are payable for each full-time enrol trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship. Payments are made within six weeks of the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
Successful recipients can choose to receive their payments as a cash payment to their nominated bank account or offset against their Student Contribution Charges (formerly HECS).
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, and receive the initial instalment, applicants will be required to:
- be enrolled full-time in the following four (4) courses of the Honours program in Trimester 1 2018:
- 7010GBS Research Design (10cp)
- 7011GBS Quantitative Methods (10cp)
- 7012GBS Qualitative Methods (10cp)
- 6202HSL Special Topics in Honours Research (10cp)
- maintain a GPA of 6.5 or above, which meets the Honours program requirement, (second instalment)
Applications, including any supporting documentation must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.