The Griffith BusinessPLUS Transition Scholarship is available to encourage motivated and ambitious candidates to pursue study of an undergraduate degree hosted by Griffith Business School. These Scholarships apply to both single and double degrees hosted by Griffith Business School.
Applications are encouraged from school and non-school leaver candidates who have achieved an OP between 9-14 or equivalent.
Maximum value (paid in instalments) –
- $7,500 for a single degree
- $10,000 for a double degree
Apply by: For trimester 1 2020 - Round 1 4pm Monday 16 December 2019; Round 2 4pm Monday 3 February 2020
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or hold a Humanitarian Visa
- be applying for university study for the first time in 2020 - Commencing in trimester 1 2020
- be applying for admission to, and commence study in a Griffith Business School undergraduate degree
- have Griffith Business School as their 1st preference on their QTAC or UAC application
- have achieved an OP between 9-14 or equivalent
- not be in receipt of any other scholarship funding
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Secondary education history - OP score (or IB/ATAR equivalent)
- Program preferences
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit: outline how the scholarship would benefit your studies at University and support your aspiration for a career in business, finance or commerce. The statement should reflect the benefits of the Griffith BusinessPLUS program
- Experience: details of any recent academic achievements and/or work history.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- You will need to upload your OP/ATAR/IB results, (you can apply before you have your results and upload them once they are released) or if you are a non-school leaver please include your most recent academic statement.
Candidates will primarily be ranked on the basis of their OP/equivalent rank scores, having achieved an OP (or equivalent) of between 9 and 14. Other supporting academic achievement, as well as your ability to articulate the personal benefit of the scholarship to support your career aspirations in business are also considered.
The scholarship is payable in instalments of $1,250 (pro-rata payment for part time) for each trimester that conditions are met, up to maximum value dependant on length of the degree:
- $7,500 for a single degree hosted by Griffith Business School
- $10,000 for a double degree hosted by Griffith Business School
Candidates who have applied for a double degree program hosted by another school may be eligible for a partial scholarship benefit for the component of their program offered by the Griffith Business School.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing terms and conditions.
The Griffith BusinessPLUS Transition Scholarship is available each year to encourage motivated and ambitious candidates to pursue study of an undergraduate degree of their choice hosted by Griffith Business School. These scholarships apply to both single and double degrees hosted by Griffith Business School.
Applications are encouraged from school and non-school leaver candidates.
Candidates will, primarily be ranked on the basis of their OP (Rank) scores and would have achieved (or anticipate) an OP between 9 – 14 and other supporting academic achievement, as well as their ability to articulate the personal benefit of the scholarship to support their career aspirations in business
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet eligibility requirements.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, recipients will be required to:
- maintain a minimum GPA (each Trimester) of 4.5 or above for the duration of the Scholarship benefit
- remain a student of the Griffith Business School for the duration of their studies
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, it is at the discretion of the Griffith Business School Scholarship Selection Committee to withhold the trimester instalment, or terminate the scholarship. Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.