As a pioneer and leader in blockchain research, Griffith is enabling our students to be equipped with cutting edge technology. The Institute for Integrated and Intelligent Systems (IIIS) is offering eligible students a 12 week research opportunity to gain a better understanding of Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and equip them with a unique skill set.
$2,000 paid in two instalments
Applications are currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, New Zealand Citizen or International Student
- be full time enrolled and have completed a minimum of 40 credit points in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Creative and Interactive Media
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Systems and Information Technology Management
- have a minimum GPA of 5
- be available and committed to a 12 week research period commencing 12 November 2018. Examples of research topic are:
- Smart Internet Pricing
- Blockchain based rental history checking system
- Blockchain and IoT enabled parking system
- Blockchain powered Digital certificate
- User interface design for BC based wine supply chain
- not be in receipt of any other ICT/IIIS related or university funded scholarship
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program: Minimum GPA of 5
- Personal Statement
- Experience: detail your work experience or knowledge on programming language and basic understanding of blockchain technology. An understanding of smart contract will be an advantage
Maximum value is $2,000, paid in two instalments. The first $1,000 instalment will be payable as soon as possible after accepting the scholarship offer and the second $1,000 instalment will be payable on confirmation of completion of your 12 week research period.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University
- be committed to and complete the 12 week research period
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.