The Institute for Glycomics is offering a prestigious Glycomics Circle Honours Scholarship to an outstanding female student who has enrolled in any relevant honours program with a supervisor who is a member of the Institute for Glycomics.
Maximum value is $5,000, payable in instalments.
Applications close: Sunday 10 February 2019
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- meet the eligibility requirements for entry into an Honours program offered by the Science or Health groups and be undertaking a research project within the Institute for Glycomics
- provide information relating to a specific research topic/project you will undertake and have the topic/project approved by the relevant staff member of the Institute for Glycomics prior to submitting the application. A full list of research projects is available by contacting email@example.com, or discuss with potential supervisor
- be female
- be enrolled full-time
- not be in receipt of other scholarship funding
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application.
- Honours and research topics
- Leadership and community
- Personal statements
- Career goals and aims: outline your reasons for applying for this scholarship and reasons for wanting to undertake Glycomics research
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), including the name, email address and phone number of 2 Academic Referees
- Upload any relevant personal achievements or awards documentation
Maximum value is $5,000 payable in instalments. Instalments of $2,500 are payable for each full time enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship or minimum duration of the program , whichever is the lesser.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship Terms and conditions.
The Institute for Glycomics is a flagship biomedical research institute at Griffith University’s Gold Coast Campus. The Institute has some of Australia’s most renowned research leaders who undertake multidisciplinary research in various biological systems. A key research area within the Institute is the role of carbohydrates in mammalian systems, and in particular their involvement in various infectious diseases and cancer. The Institute is a very busy and expanding research centre with a membership of approximately 200 staff and postgraduate students.
The Institute for Glycomics is offering a prestigious Glycomics Circle Honours Scholarship to an outstanding female student who has enrolled in any relevant honours program with a supervisor who is a member of the Institute for Glycomics. The Glycomics Circle was established in 2015 and is a group of successful women in the local community who are driven to raising funds for Glycomics, in particular to support young women in science. One of their interests is to contribute funds to the Glycomics Honours Scholarship scheme.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain full time enrolled at Griffith University in an Honours program offered by the Science or Health group and be undertaking a research project within the Institute for Glycomics
- maintain a GPA which meets honours program admission requirements
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information