The School of Government and International Relations(GIR) have established this scholarship to assist a Bachelor of Government and International Relations (Honours) student who will be commencing in Trimester 1, 2020, in meeting the cost of their degree.
Maximum value $1,000.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder
- meet the eligibility entry requirements and enrol to commence in Trimester 1 2020 into Bachelor of Government and International Relations (Honours) (program code 2090)
- be commencing the Honours program (2090) in trimester 1 2019 with a proposed research topic relating to the Department’s research interests
- be studying full-time or part-time(min 20CP)
- have achieved a minimum GPA 6.0 in your Bachelor degree’s second and third year courses. (Applications will be ranked primarily on GPA. Special consideration may apply for students with a GPA 5 or above, please outline the circumstances in the Statements section - Other Comment).
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Honours and research topics: outline of Honours topic and supervisor- proposed research topic should relate to the Department’s research interests.
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit: How will the Scholarship help you with your Honours studies?
- Other comments: any request for consideration of GPA being below required. (optional)
Maximum value is $1,000 payable in instalments. Payment of $500 are payable at the end of trimester 1 and trimester 2 of the year of the award subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, and receive the initial instalment, applicants will be required to:
- be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 20 credit points each trimester
- maintain a GPA of 6.0 or above in the coursework component of their program
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.