The AAG have chosen to make an impact on the next generation of globally responsible business leaders, through the creation of the GBS Alumni Advisory Group Scholarship. The scholarship is to support students who are experiencing financial hardship and are in their second year or above in an undergraduate or dual degree within the Griffith Business School.
Maximum value is $3,000, payable in instalments.
Applications - currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be enrolled in full-time study at Griffith University in a Bachelor degree or dual degree within the Griffith Business School
- be in at least their second year of study- completed a minimum of 80 credit points
- not be in receipt of other scholarship funding from any other source- Griffith funding or external funding
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Income and expenditure
- Personal Statements:
- Career goals and aims: a statement about yourself and your personal ambitions.
- Challenge(s) experienced: a statement detailing your personal and financial circumstances that have the potential to impact upon your continuing studies at Griffith University.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Please provide your Centrelink statements
Maximum value is $3,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $1,500 are payable for each full-time enrol trimester in which all conditions are met, up to the maximum value of the scholarship.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
The Alumni Advisory Group (AAG) of Griffith Business School provides guidance and support to the Griffith Business School alumni network.
The mission of the Alumni Advisory Group is to:
- Advance the mission and vision of the Griffith Business School through mutually beneficial relationships between the School, its alumni and friends.
- Provide professional and educational opportunities, social programs, services and benefits to meet the needs of alumni, future alumni and friends.
Given this commitment, the AAG have chosen to make an impact on the next generation of globally responsible business leaders. Through the creation of the GBS Alumni Advisory Group Scholarship, they aim to support those students who demonstrate the talent, but are financially disadvantaged to realise their full potential.
To be eligible for the scholarship you will be required to:
- remain enrolled as a full-time student in an approved program at census date
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University
- not holding another scholarship
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
The recipient may be invited to meet with the donor and feature in marketing materials to promote the Scholarship.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.