The French Street Scholarship has been established to support a female student studying the Bachelor of Business degree with a major in Employment Relations or Human Resources, or both, on either the Nathan or Logan Campus.
The donor has chosen to make an impact on the next generation of globally responsible business leaders through the creation of the French Street Scholarship.
Maximum value is $5,000, payable in instalments.
Apply by 4 pm Monday 8 March 2021.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be a female student
- be enrolled in 2nd year(completed at least 80CP) in the Bachelor of Business degree(or dual degree) with a major in Employment Relations or Human Resources, or both at Griffith University’s Nathan or Logan Campus
- have a GPA of 4.0 or above
- be studying full-time
The recipient may be invited to meet with the donor and feature in marketing materials to promote the Scholarship.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections with the application:
- Program: Used to confirm you have a minimum GPA of 4.0 and your enrolment details.
- Personal statements:
- Career goals and aims: provide a statement about yourself and your personal ambitions
- Scholarship benefit: How will this scholarship assist in achieving these goals? (optional)
Maximum value is $5,000 payable in instalments. Payments of $2,500 are payable for each full time enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship.
Payment are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to conditions being meet.
The donor is a human resources expert with a background in health, academia and broadcasting. The donor’s passion for the business world along with drive and commitment to the community has seen the donor achieve incredible successes.
Given the donor’s commitment to making a difference in the lives of others, the donor has chosen to make an impact on the next generation of globally responsible business leaders. Through the creation of the French Street Scholarship the donor is helping those students who demonstrate the talent, but need a hand up to realise their full potential.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the scholarship benefit in an approved program
- maintain a GPA of 4.0 or above for the duration of the scholarship
- May be invited to meet with the donor and feature in marketing materials to promote the Scholarship.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, it is at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee to withhold the trimester instalment, or terminate the scholarship. The recipient must show cause to the Scholarships Office why the scholarship should not be cancelled.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
The committee may decide to interview short-listed candidates.