This bursary has been established to honour the memory of Erika Groote and assist Bachelor of Nursing Students at Griffith University who may be financially disadvantaged.
Maximum value is $1,000 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 4 pm Monday 12 April 2021.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- be enrolled in your 2nd year (completed at least 80 CP) of the Bachelor of Nursing degree at Griffith University
- have a minimum GPA of 4.5
- be experiencing carer responsibilities, financial hardship and/or social disadvantage
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program (Continuing students)
- Income and expenditure
- Personal statement (complete where relevant, minimum one statement required)
- Family- Carer and/or parenting responsibilities and/or educational disruption
- Challenge(s): detail your challenges experienced which has impacted your life and study
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Supporting documentation
- Other: evidence of financial hardship (if applicable) – current Centrelink Statement tor Tax Statement
Maximum value is $1,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $500 are payable in trimester 1 and 2 provided conditions are met.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
On 14th June 2020, Erika Groote sadly passed away. Erika was a Registered Nurse who completed her degree at Griffith University who went on to have a fulfilling career at the P.A. Hospital.
Erika was a proud nurse who loved the work she did, and supported so many people in her caring, witty and engaging way.
Erika's family want to create opportunities for future nurses, by supporting Bachelor of Nursing students studying at Griffith University in Erika's memory.
The Groote Family and Erika’s many friends, colleagues and peers have contributed to the funds for this bursary. The Groote Family would like to thank the Student Representative Council and the Advocacy Service for their support.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled at Griffith University in the Bachelor of Nursing degree
- maintain a minimum GPA of 4.5
- at the end of the bursary benefit, submit a short statement to the Student Financial Support and Scholarships Office outlining how the bursary has benefited you. The statement will also be sent to the Office of Advancement and the Donor.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at Census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
This scholarship cannot be deferred, and recipient must remain in the degree in the year the scholarship is awarded.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.