This Bursary aims to support students of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent with a low socio-economic status. By providing financial assistance to enable students to purchase course requirements relating to the purpose of pursuing academic excellence.
The value of the Bursary is $5,000.
Apply by: Friday 21 February 2020
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be a continuing Undergraduate student who has completed at least 80 credit points and is enrolled full time in any program in 2020
- Have a GPA of 4.5 or above
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Students of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Income and Expenditure
- Personal Statements
- Career goals and aims: Can identify a commitment to a particular career path.
- Scholarship benefit: Can outline how the award will enable you to continue, and successfully complete our study.
- Family: Are you from a financially disadvantaged background?
- Challenge(s) experienced: Any challenges you have overcome and/or have impacted on your study.
The value of the Bursary is $5,000, paid in a one off payment.
Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarships Terms and Conditions
To remain eligible for the scholarship you must:
- must be full time enrolled in a Griffith University program
- understand your result will be sent to Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at the end of the bursary period
- agree to be approached by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to undertake additional promotional and external activities
Payment is made, after census, on confirmation that you are enrolled at Griffith University and still meet the eligibility requirements
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.