Griffith Business School's Department of Business Strategy and Innovation has established an honours scholarship to support a high performing student commencing the Bachelor of Business Honours program (2088), with a proposed honours research topic that relates to the Department’s research interests.
Maximum value: $4,000.
Applications close: Sunday 17th February 2019.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Humanitarian Visa Holder, New Zealand Citizen or an International Student
- meet the eligibility entry requirements into the Bachelor of Business with Honours (program code 2088)
- be commencing the Honours program(2088) in trimester 1 2019 with a proposed research topic that relates to the Department’s research interests
- be studying full-time
- have achieved a minimum GPA 5.5 in your second and third year courses undertaken during your undergraduate study.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Honours and research topics: outline of your Honours topic and supervisor- the proposed research topic should relate to the Department’s research interests. (Make sure your supervisor signs the approval form mentioned below)
- Personal statements:
- Scholarship benefit: How will the Scholarship help you with your Honours studies?
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please us only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Other: Honours supervisor approval form- Please have the staff member from within the Department of International Business and Asian Studies who has agreed to supervise your dissertation sign the attached Honours Supervisor Approval Form.
Maximum value is $4,000 payable in instalments. Payments of $2,000 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester up to the maximum value of the scholarship. Payments are made within six weeks after the Census Date subject to the applicant maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
Successful recipients can choose to receive their payments as a cash payment to their nominated bank account or offset them against their Student Contribution Charges (formerly HECS).
To remain eligible for the scholarship, and receive the initial instalment the recipient will be required to:
- be enrolled full-time in the following four (4) courses of the Honours program in Trimester 1 2019:
- Research Design (10cp)
- Quantitative Methods (10cp)
- Qualitative Methods (10cp)
- 1 other IBA coded course (10cp)
- maintain a GPA of 5.5 or above, which meets the Honours program requirement,(second instalment)
Applications, including any supporting documentation must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information and/or attend an interview.