Griffith University's Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarships scheme is one of Australia's most comprehensive, generous and flexible scholarship programs for academic excellence. Griffith is offering Deans Sir Samuel Griffith and Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarships to outstanding students commencing an undergraduate degree in 2018. If you're a high achiever, Griffith wants to reward and acknowledge your efforts via the Deans Sir Samuel Griffith and Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarships.
Deans Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship- Maximum value of $60,000
Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship- Maximum value of $24,000
Applications close: 1 July 2018 (trimester 2 2018 intake).
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen or International student who is completing or has completed Years 11 and 12 in Australia
- be a student commencing University for the first time
- have not undertaken/commenced any tertiary study, with the exception of those undertaken as part of year 11-12 studies (eg. enhanced studies program)
- have applied to commence at Griffith University in Trimester 2, 2018
- meet the eligibility criteria for a degree program and receive and accept an admission offer
- achieve a result which places you in the range of the OP band 1-3, including International Baccalaureate (IB) or an equivalent Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) (Bonus ranks do not apply)
- current year 12 school leavers: for Deans Sir Samuel need to have Griffith University listed as their first or second QTAC/UAC preference
- current year 12 school leavers: will be required to upload a copy of your OP/ATAR/IB results (we are aware that this may be after the closing date)
For detailed eligibility please see Academic Excellence Scholarships policy.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application
- Secondary Education History- OP score (or IB/ATAR equivalent)
- Leadership and Community- Engagement and assessment of leadership achievements and/or community service are based on information contained in the application and evidentiary documentation, such as: leadership qualities, civic responsibility and social awareness.
- Referee details- a report from your School Principal or nominee and a report from a community organisation
- Personal statements
- Career goals and aims- Personal qualities and motivation towards university study, career aspirations and likelihood of success in university study.
- Community involvement
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section.(Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- You will need to upload your OP/ATAR/IB results. You can apply before you have your results and upload them once they are released.
Deans Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship
Maximum value is up to $60,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $6,000 are payable for each full time enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship or minimum duration of the program, whichever is the lesser.
Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarship
Maximum value is up to $24,000, paid in instalments. Instalments of $3,000 are payable for each full time enrolled trimester up to maximum value of the scholarship or minimum duration of the program, whichever is the lesser.
International and New Zealand students will not receive a cash benefit. An equivalent sum will be credited to their student fees.
Successful Deans' Sir Samuel Griffith and Sir Samuel Griffith scholarship recipients are automatically given membership to the Griffith Honours College. Designed for high achieving students, the Honours College will provide enriching experiences exclusive to the College where students will develop skills in high demand by employers - leadership, teamwork, communication, community engagement, intellectual curiosity and the development of research and work skills.
If you are a non-school leaver or International student who did not complete year 11 and 12 in Australia and therefore do not meet the criteria for the Deans' Sir Samuel Griffith and Sir Samuel Griffith scholarships you may still be eligible to apply for membership of the Griffith Honours College.
For further information please email The Griffith Honours College.
To remain eligible for these scholarship, you will be required to meet the terms and conditions in the Academic Excellence Scholarships Policy.
Applications, including Referee Reports, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
The Scholarships and Prizes Office in conjunction with the Griffith Honours College will make:
- First round scholarship offers
- Second round offers