The Community Mental Health Career Scholarships are funded by the Mental Health Alcohol and Other Drugs Branch, Queensland Health and the Workforce Council of Queensland. One scholarship will be provided to a student commencing in the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice.
The scholarship has a maximum value of $3,900 payable in two instalments.
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder and reside or work in Queensland
- be currently employed or interested in employment in the Queensland community mental health sector
- be commencing in the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice
- be able to demonstrate employer (if applicable) support for the application.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Personal Statements:
- Career goals and aims: Your reasons for undertaking the Graduate Certificate, such as your academic and career goals. How participation in this study will support and develop you in your current role. What sets your application apart from others.
- Experiences: Demonstrated commitment to remaining in the community mental health sector in Queensland and to benefit the sector through study and research.
- Health: How your participation in this study will benefit the mental health community in the longer term and your commitment to remaining in the community health sector. Your past experience of study and how you plan to meet your study assessment commitments involved in completing the program.
One scholarship will be provided to a student commencing in the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice. Maximum value is $3,900, paid in two instalments.
Instalments of $1,950 are payable within six weeks after the census date in Trimester 1 and at completion of the program subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, applicants will be required to:
- remain enrolled at Griffith University
- maintain good academic standing at Griffith University for the duration of the scholarship benefit
- only take one trimester leave of absence over the duration of the scholarship (if required)
- agree to re-pay to the University any monies received for this scholarship if you make an early withdrawal or do not complete the Graduate Certificate program.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.