Griffith Business School, along with its partners, has committed to invest in a future business leader through the creation of the Bachelor of Business Innovation Scholarship.
The scholarship will support a student who demonstrates a commitment to learning, but who is experiencing financial hardship, to achieve their full potential.
Maximum value is $15,000, payable in instalments.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, or New Zealand Citizen
- be commencing the Bachelor of Business Innovation at Griffith University in trimester 1 2020
- be enrolling full-time
- not be in receipt of other scholarship funding from any other source, Griffith funding or external funding
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Program – accepted and enrolled in Bachelor of Business Innovation (1616)
- Income and expenditure
- Personal Statements:
- Career goals and aims: a statement about yourself and your personal ambitions and how the degree will help achieve those ambitions
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats- pdf, word, jpeg or excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted)
- Provide Centrelink statements or other document demonstrating financial hardship
Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants may be asked to provide further evidence to determine their financial status.
Maximum value is $15,000, payable in instalments. Payments of $2,500 are payable for each full-time enrolled trimester in which all conditions are met, up to the maximum value of the scholarship.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to maintaining ongoing eligibility requirements.
In 2020 Griffith Business School will launch the Bachelor of Business Innovation which is based around entrepreneurship, innovation and community. Students study the foundations of business as core courses and learn what they mean for business through a series of applied industry integrated activities contextually relevant to the region around Logan. The degree is designed to ensure students graduate with a strong network both in their class cohort and with extended ties to the community and industry organisations.
This degree takes into account specific factors influencing the Logan region including rapid population growth, demographic makeup, and student and workforce needs. Students will be working directly with organisations and businesses in the region to ensure relevant problem-based authentic learning.
Griffith Business School, along with its partners, has committed to invest in a future business leader through the creation of the Bachelor of Business Innovation Scholarship. The scholarship will support a student who demonstrates a commitment to learning, but who is experiencing financial hardship, to achieve their full potential.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled as a full-time student in the Bachelor of Business Innovation
- maintain a minimum GPA 4.0
- not hold another scholarship
- agree to meet with the donor and feature in marketing materials to promote the Scholarship.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, it is at the discretion of the Scholarship Selection Committee to withhold the trimester instalment, or terminate the scholarship. The recipient must show cause to the Scholarships Office why the scholarship should not be cancelled.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be required to provide additional information, including further evidence to determine financial status.
The Scholarship sub-committee may interview the short-listed candidates.