Support for a final-year Bachelor of Nursing student who is experiencing financial hardship, home environment and responsibilities and/or educational disruption.
Maximum value is $5,000 payable in instalments.
Apply by: 12 pm Friday 15 January 2021
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- have completed your second year of the Bachelor of Nursing degree in 2020
- be commencing your third and final year of the Bachelor of Nursing degree in Trimester 1 2021
- have a GPA of 5 or higher in your Bachelor of Nursing degree
- be experiencing and be able to demonstrate financial hardship, home environment and responsibilities and/or educational disruption
- not be in receipt of any other scholarship funding.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Income and expenditure
- Personal statement
- Career goals and aims: detail your career aspirations in nursing
- Scholarship benefit: outline how this scholarship opportunity will benefit you addressing one or more of the following categories; financial hardship, home environment and responsibilities and/or educational disruption.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. Please use only the following formats: PDF, Word, jpg or Excel. We can only guarantee these formats will be accepted.
- Supporting documentation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): current two-page CV including the names, email addresses and phone number of 2 references
Selection will be made on the basis of an assessment in accordance with the following three categories, with a focus on supporting primary care givers:
- financial hardship
- home environment and responsibilities
- educational disruption.
Maximum value is $5,000, paid in instalments. An instalment of $3,000 is payable in Trimester 1 and an instalment of $1,000 payable in Trimester 2 within six weeks after each census date, subject to satisfying scholarship terms and conditions. The third and final instalment of $1,000 is payable upon the successful completion of the Bachelor of Nursing degree, subject to satisfying the scholarship terms and conditions. Part-time students will receive pro-rata payments.
To remain eligible for the scholarship, you will be required to:
- remain enrolled in Griffith University’s Bachelor of Nursing degree
- maintain a GPA of 5 or above
- successfully complete the requirements to graduate from the Bachelor of Nursing degree to receive final payment
- complete and provide to the scholarship’s office a 250-word report and optional photo outlining:
- a final reflection on your practice
- experience with vascular access
- how the scholarship has helped you.
You must agree this report will be shared with other nursing students and may be shared on social media and used for other marketing purposes by the AVATAR Group. Your final payment is conditional on this report being received.
The above conditions are verified each trimester at census date. If a scholarship recipient fails to successfully meet these conditions, scholarship payments may be withheld, or the scholarship may be terminated.
Applications, including any supporting documentation, must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email.
Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Griffith University reserves the right to withdraw an advertised scholarship at any time.