The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) Bursary aims to support full-time students majoring in Financial Planning. The scholarship is aimed at students who demonstrate talent and who are community orientated to realise their full potential.
Maximum Value - $1,500
Applications currently closed.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder, or a New Zealand Citizen
- Be studying full-time in a degree or double degree program offered by the Griffith Business School
- Have a GPA of 5.0 or above
- Be in the second year OR third year of study
- Be majoring in Financial Planning
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Career goals and aims – outline your personal ambitions and how the School will help achieve those ambitions
- Community involvement – outline your involvement in community volunteering or engagement with the industry.
Maximum value is $1,500, paid as a single instalment.
Payments are made up to six weeks after the Census Date subject to satisfying scholarship eligibility and terms and conditions.
The Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) has been the authentic voice on the value of advice since its beginning. Founded in 1946, the AFA is the oldest association representing financial advisers and their clients in Australia.
Today the AFA is a vibrant and innovative association that remains driven by its member advisers and a shared belief in the need for great advice for more Australians.
Given this commitment, AFA have chosen to make an impact upon the next generation of globally responsible business leaders. Through the creation of the Association of Financial Advisers Bursary the AFA aims to support those students who demonstrate the talent, and who are community orientated, to realise their full potential.
To remain eligible for the scholarship:
- Students must be enrolled in the program for which the bursary was awarded and still meet the eligibility requirements.
- Students must agree to meet with the donor and feature in marketing materials to promote the bursary.
Applications must be completed and submitted by the closing date.
Offers are made via email. Applicants may be shortlisted and be required to provide additional information.
Applicants may be required to attend an interview.